Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Good things come in threes

Three things on the agenda today. For all of you, that is.

1. First: let me make something clear. The overall view of this blog is to explore Émile Zola's quote, which I talked about in the first post, and how I can live life like that. That does not mean this will be a blog entirely focused on, say, having children.

I'm not going to lie, that would be an interesting blog:

 "Cute guy looked at me and smiled on the way to class today; does this mean we're destined to make babies together?!" "Invited out for coffee! One more step closer to having children WOOHOO!"

No no no no no, dear reader. I don't even know if I want children at this point. I'm in college. I'm not even sure if they allow babies at college. I'm still at the point in my life where the idea of children makes me want to hide in a cave, or better yet, go live in Antarctica. There are no children in Antarctica.

That said, I also won't be starting every blog post with, "Have I planted a tree today? Have I completed my masterpiece?!" Those are goals, dear reader. I'm working toward them, but this is about exploring my life. The actual philosophy of Zola is just an overview. I never really thought about it, but I guess someday, far into the future, if I accomplish those goals, the blog will be done.

I wouldn't have brought this up, but when I wake up and check Facebook before going to class, and the first thing I see for the day is a wall post reading, "Laura, I don't want to have children..." I know I've got some explaining to do. Capeachy? Capeachy.

2. I am considering...an experiment. *thunder thunder lightning lightning DRAMATIC MUSIC*

I can hear you right now: "Way to be elusive with the ellipses, Laura." Silence, reader! I am not going to tell you about the experiment right now, because I want to do research first. HOWEVER! Should I decide to go ahead with it, I'll be sure to blog and tell you all about it. It's pretty drastic (well, for me it is) and involves using myself as the subject. *thunder thunder lightning lightning*

Now that the paragraph of overdramatic DOOM is out of the way, let's move on to #3, shall we? I promise, it's pleasant.

3.

Favorite quote: "But once, in college, I dated a menorah." Oh, Bill Hader. Je t'aime. LET'S GET MARRIED SO WE CAN MAKE BABIES AND I CAN FULFILL ONE PILLAR OF THE PHILOSOPHY OF ZOLA! BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THIS BLOG'S ALL ABOUT, RIGHT? RIGHT?! ...right?

Have a nice weekend.

P.S. Oh yeah, I'm doing that relatively minor thing this weekend where I TOUR THE WHITE HOUSE.  Think of me in there, chatting up Obama and all. I don't know if we're allowed to bring cameras in, but I'll at least tell you all about it!

P.P.S. Just looked up Bill Hader. He is, in fact, married, and just had a daughter earlier this month. Apparently he mouths hello to his wife and daughter during the closing credits of SNL (and no, I'm not a creeper at all. It was on Wikipedia). Awww. Let's have a gooey family love moment for Bill Hader.

No comments:

Post a Comment